Good Morning Polished People!
I’m just going to be honest here and tell you I’ve been feeling very grumpy lately. When I’m feeling grumpy, it’s hard for me to do my nails because it seems like I can’t do anything right and nothing turns out how I’d like it to. These nails are a prime example of that. I had this great idea to do a neon and nude nail, decided to use my favorite neon (ChG Orange Knockout), then decided to use a peachy-nude (ChG Sunset Sail). Well I taped off the orange, applied the peachy-nude and then peeled up the tape. Not only did I hate the color combo (which almost never happens to me) I also messed up with the tape and it didn’t look too nice. Sunset Sail wasn’t opaque enough so I had to apply it too thick, which caused most of my problems. Oh, and THEN I got a little black fiber stuck to one of them which I didn’t notice till it was too late. UGhhh….. Disasticure. Luckily, people at work and on Twitter still liked it so that made me feel a little better but overall I was feeling very disappointed with these nails. With that enticing introduction, let’s have a peek:
Neon and Nude Nails
How To Get These Nails:
- Base coat.
- Paint your nails white (I used OPI Alpine Snow).
- Paint your nails with ChG Orange Knockout.
- Apply a coat of Seche and allow your nails to dry thoroughly.
- When your nails are completely dry, use striping tape to tape of a design.
- Paint all your nails with one coat of ChG Sunset Sail.
- Once all your nails have one coat, go back and paint one nail at a time with another coat of Sunset Sail so that it’s opaque. immediately after applying this coat of polish, remove the striping tape. Hopefully your polish wont be so thick that the polish runs into the lines you’ve created like what happened to me. You definitely need to remove the tape quickly though, otherwise the polish will dry and you’ll peel up some of the Sunset Sail when you remove the tape.
- Repeat step 7 for all nails.
- Allow your nails to dry a little to avoid smearing and then apply your final coat of Seche Vite.
- I hope yours turn out better than mine! Share them with me on Twitter (@PolishMePlease)
Let me know what you thought about these. Have you done the nude and neon look? I know some of you have and it turned out sooo great. Too bad mine didn’t go that well. Oh well- next time :) Thanks for reading and till next time- Happy Polishing!
PS: Stay tuned tomorrow for total mani redemption!!! :D