It’s so nice to be back from vacation. It’s always nice to go, but it’s always nice to get home. :) My own bed, couch, TV, shower, etc have never felt better! :) Today I have some nails that were inspired by Blake Shelton’s tattoo. In case you don’t know who Blake Shelton is (have you been living under a rock??!!) he’s a country singer who’s had hits including but not limited to Old Red (an older song), Over, and Drink On It (new songs). He’s also one of the judges on the show The Voice. Also, he’s married to another one of my absolute favorite country artists, Miranda Lambert!! I just love him and honestly think he’s super cute, too. When I saw I had barbed wire and paw print designs on my new Bundle Monster stamps, I knew I had to do some Blake Shelton nails. You can see a picture of his tattoo here. I think his tattoo is elk tracks or something, but for my nails I used a little bear paw since I’d be traveling through Yellowstone National Park and Grand Teton National Park while I had these nails. :) Take a peek and let me know what you think!
Blake Shelton/Yellowstone National Park Nails
How To Get These Nails:
- Base coat.
- Apply 2-3 coats of LA Colors Mega Watt, allow to dry.
- Using Saran Wrap and Essence Oh De Prep dab some of the brown onto the nude polish to create the Saran Wrap mani background for your art. I think it looks a little like tree bark. :)
- Using stamp BM 323 and Konad Special Silver polish, stamp the barbed wire design on each nail.
- Using the same stamp and Konad Special Black, stamp the paw print design onto the accent fingers. I chose to do my ring fingers.
- Apply a coat of Seche Vite and ta daaaa! Cute outdoorsy nails! :)
Just for fun, you should know that sometimes I try a nail design that just doesn’t work out. When I was trying to do these nails, I had a vision in my head but didn’t quite know how to bring it to life. I thought I’d show you my first attempt, just for the heck of it! :)
I used different polish for the background and barbed wire, and as you can obviously tell I didn’t do just the accent nails. I just didn’t think Blake Shelton would be proud of these so I had to redo them. Haha.
How do you like my final Yellowstone National Park / Blake Shelton nails? Have you ever been to Yellowstone and/or are you a fan of Blake Shelton? Let me know what you think and till next time- Happy Polishing!! Thanks for reading!!