I have to start off by saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my kid-friend Zak!! He doesn’t read this but… idk… it just seems right. Haha. :)
Also, I want to say my thoughts are with everyone affected by 9/11 in the US and elsewhere. It was 11 years ago, but if you lost someone on that day or you were in NYC and saw it all go down, I’m sure it’s still fresh in your mind. I’ve been watching the 9/11 coverage on TV for a few days now and it never ceases to amaze me the lengths people went to to try and save themselves and others. Als0, all the soldiers the US and other countries have lost since… this is a sad and probably quite angry day for many people around the world. This seems kinda cheesy to write on such a superficial blog, but again, it just seems like something that should be said.
Switching subjects in a big way- Good Morning Everyone!!
Today is my fifth and final day of Lady Gaga nails. I hope you all have enjoyed the previous 4 installments. I really enjoyed doing them, so you can bet I’ll do something like this again in the future after the challenge. Now remember, the challenge is only every 3 days, so don’t think we gave up on it… it’ll be back the day after tomorrow with orange nails :) For today though, let’s see my sexy Lady Gaga nails. :)
Day 5 of Lady Gaga Nails- Sexy Nails
- Base coat.
- Paint your nails with LA Colors Mega Watt. This polish is pretty sheer but really pretty, I think I used 4 thin coats. You definitely don’t want to use too thick of coats or else you’ll end up with air bubbles.
- Apply a coat of Seche Vite and allow your nails to dry and harden.
- When your nails are dry and hard, use stamp BM 209 and Konad Special Black to stamp the fishnet design on each nail.
- Use WnW Ebony Hates Chris (quick comment: this is the best black polish ever!! Super opaque and EXTREMELY glossy! What you see is with topcoat, but even without it’s soooo shiny! I love it!! It looks exactly like patent leather.) and the polish brush to make the sweetheart neckline shaped tips. I made mine by making an arch of black polish from about 1/3 of the way towards the cuticle from the free edge, diagonally to about 2/3 of the way from that side to the other at the free edge. It’s like a rounded chevron tip.
- When you’re done with all the tips, apply a coat of Seche Vite and be prepared to impress your friends. Even my husband was like “Those are sexy.” Haha. And one of my friends said they were hot, too. :)
This concludes my Lady Gaga nail series for now. Please feel free to tweet me pics that you think would be a good inspiration (@polishmeplease) or tag me in Instagram photos that you think would be good to use (@nicole_423). In the comments below let me know how you liked these nails and the series as a whole. Als0- which celebrity should I look to for inspiration next? I need suggestions!! :D As always thank you all for reading and till next time- Happy Polishing!! :D