Hey There Polished People!
Keeping with the black and white theme (well sort of… you’ll see) I decided to do some tri-print nails. It’s not quite black and white because instead of white I used a super light grey, OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls. Yesterday’s nails were cute, but today’s black and sorta-white nails are a little more grown up. :)
Black and White Tri-Print Nails
- Base coat.
- Paint your nails with OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls. I used 3 coats.
- Apply a coat of Seche Vite and allow your nails to dry thoroughly.
- When your nails are completely dry, use a sticky note or a piece of tape (any kind will do, I used blue painters tape. You don’t need much of a seal since you’ll just be stamping over it) to cover all but the bottom third of your nail. Put your sticky note/tape at an angle so you have somewhat of a triangular shape.
- Use stamp BM 317 and Konad special black to stamp the heart design on the exposed part of your nail.
- Repeat step 4 and 5 for each nail.
- Use the sticky note/tape to cover the whole nail except for the top third of your nail, on a diagonal.
- Use RA 108 and Konad special black to stamp the design on the exposed nail.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 for each nail. You should now have the heart design near the cuticle, the quilty geometric design at the tips and a blank triangle in the center.
- Use 2 sticky notes/pieces of tape to cover up the stamping you’ve already done, leaving a triangle of blank nail in the center exposed.
- Use BM 319 and Konad special black to stamp the puzzle-piece design onto the exposed part of the nail.
- Repeat steps 10 and 11 for all nails.
- Use a black striper to make a black line between each print and to hide any unevenness at the borders of each print.
- When your striper is dry, apply a coat of Seche Vite and impress your friends :)
I know these nails have approximately 10 billion steps, but trust me when I say it doesn’t take THAT long. The instructions took longer to write out than the nails did to do. Maybe that’s also because I was watching Renovation Realities (does anyone else watch that?) and How I Met Your Mother.
How do you like these nails? Which do you prefer- my cow b&w nails or these ones? Let me know in the comments below! As always, thanks for reading and till next time- Happy Polishing!! :D