Hey There Everyone!
Sometimes when I do nail art (which is every day! haha) I paint my nails with the base color and then between the time I do the base color and the nail art I think of another idea to do with the colors I’m about to use. Sometimes I just change my plan and do the new idea, sometimes I stick with the original idea and then on some special times I do both ideas… one on each hand!! I’d like to say, “It’s ok because they’re matching colors” but the truth is sometimes I paint my two hands COMPLETELY differently. I never leave a hand bare, but I do sometimes find that I have two ideas and want to try them both so I do each of them on a different hand. Then I either don’t want to take the time to redo one hand OR I want to get pictures of them the next day in the sunlight so I just leave them, and then wear them out and about the next day cuz I’m not gonna have the time to re-do them mid-day. Now, when I work I don’t leave my hands different, but on days where I’m just running around town- I absolutely do. Is that weird? Maybe. Do I get confused comments? Almost never; they just compliment the hand they see. Does it serve a purpose? Yes. Am I going to start a trend? You never know!! ;)
The nails I’m sharing today were on my left hand on the day we did nails inspired by polka dots. They use the same colors but are done using a slightly different technique They’re a little weird but they were cool enough. Plus, since the colors were the same and the technique similar no one even noticed. :) Here they are!
Wild and Sparkly Blue Stripes
How To Get These Nails:
- Apply your favorite base coat. I like SH Hard As Nails.
- Paint your nails with Sation Rock A Guy Blue. You could get away with one coat if you’re careful. I used two or three, I don’t remember.
- Paint half of your nails on a diagonal (some people call this a Spanish French, which I love!!) with Orly Angel Eyes. I used two coats to make it nice and opaque.
- Using a striping brush, paint stripes of Rock A Guy Blue across the dark blue section into the Angel Eyes section. Leave a little room between stripes.
- Using the striping brush again, paint stripes of Angel Eyes from its own side over into the dark blue side in between each stripe of Rock A Guy Blue.
- Give your stripes a few minutes to dry completely, then apply a coat of Seche Vite. :D
Don’t these kind of look like piano keys? Or some crazy zebra, maybe? I don’t know what they really look like but I like ’em! They’re kinda cool and different looking. Next time I’ll leave less space between the stripes so it looks more jagged. I don’t honestly think you can go wrong with these two colors though. Do you ever paint your hands with two different designs or colors? Let me know so I don’t feel so weird…. or I guess so I can feel weirdER! Haha. As always thanks for reading and till next time- Happy Polishing!! :D