Hey There Polished People!
Welcome back to the challenge! We are nearing the end with only 10 more days to go! Even though we changed the challenge to suit our preferences, some types of nail art that I just don’t have a lot of love for make it under the radar. Two of the types that I’m not even looking forward to doing are tribal (today) and galaxy nails (up next). I don’t have any reason not to like tribal nails, I love them on other people. When I sat down to do mine I just didn’t know where to start, but then once I was doing them I didn’t know when to stop!! Haha. I think I actually ended up with something halfway decent though, so yay for that!! :D If you’re ready to see what I came up with, I’m ready to show you. :)
How To Get These Nails:
- Base coat.
- Paint your nails with ChG Refresh-Mint until they are opaque. I think it took about 3 coats.
- Apply a coat of Seche Vite and allow to dry completely.
- Using tape or just free-handing it, paint a stripe of Essie Nothing Else Metals down the center of each nail.
- Using a tiny brush and Jessica Secret Love, paint two small triangles on either side of each metallic stripe like you see in the pictures above.
- Using a the same tiny brush and ChG Exotic Encounters, paint two small triangles on either side of each metallic stripe right beside the pink triangles like you see above.
- Use a black striper to outline the metallic stripe and each of the triangles.
- Use the striper to add the rest of the black lines on the metallic stripe and around the colored triangles.
- Use a the small end of a dotting tool and some black paint (I just touched the dotting tool to the striper brush and picked up some of that paint) to add the dots over Essie Nothing Else Metals and over the ChG Refresh-Mint.
- Give your design plenty of time to dry (we don’t want smearing!!) and then apply a final coat of Seche Vite.
- Admire your interesting tribal nails!!
Have you tried tribal nails? Is there a type of nail art you just don’t like to do very much even though you love what other people come up with? Let me know in the comments below. Don’t forget to check out Cynthia’s nails by clicking here. As always, thanks for reading and till next time- Happy Polishing! :D